Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ready, Set, Pray!

Have you taken time today to commune with the Creator of Heaven and Earth?

I know there are days when I don't spend that time with Him, and I let the day get away from me. I guess sometimes I feel like I need to spend an hour in prayer in order to be effective. Life with little ones can make for an unpredictable morning, and sometimes, even if I'm up early enough to get that time in, they might "thwart my plans" and get up early too!

Well, friend, prayer does not have to take a long time in order to set your day in the right direction or to touch the lives of people in need! Can you spare five minutes? How about three? By all means, if you can take that hour, you should shoot for more time, but sometimes, that just doesn't happen in a home where the needs of little ones are immediate.

Here's my challenge for you- and something I've been challenging myself to do recently: Step one- Set a timer for five minutes. Step two- Pray!
I have found that doing this causes me to be more focused on what I'm praying, and I know that the time is drawing to a close rapidly, so I am much more purposeful about what I'm praying for. Sometimes, when the timer stops, I keep going. Other times, when it stops, so do I. But that's much better than not praying, not interceding for loved ones, not asking for God's wisdom and perspective on situations.

How much time do you have today? Will you take me up on my challenge? Let me know how it goes!

Linking up to Good Morning Girls for Women in the Word Wednesdays!